October 5, 2019in
First Advance Estimates of production of major Kharif crops for 2019-20
- The First Advance Estimates of production of major Kharif crops for 2019-20 have been released by the Department of Agriculture, Cooperation and Farmers Welfare today. The assessment of the production of different crops is based on the feedback received from States and validated with information available from other sources. The estimated production of various crops as per the First Advance Estimates for 2019-20 vis-à-Vis the comparative estimates for the years 2005-06 onwards is enclosed.
- As per First Advance Estimates, the estimated production of major crops during Kharif 2019-20 is as under:
Food grains – 140.57 million tonnes.
Rice – 100.35 million tonnes.
Nutri / Coarse Cereals – 32.00 million tonnes.
Maize – 19.89 million tonnes.
Pulses – 8.23 million tonnes.
Tur – 3.54 million tonnes.
Oilseeds – 22.39 million tonnes.
Soya bean – 13.50 million tonnes
Groundnut – 6.31 million tonnes
Cotton – 32.27 million bales (of 170 kg each)
Jute & Mesta – 9.96 million bales (of 180 kg each)
Sugarcane – 377.77 million tonnes
- The cumulative rainfall during this year’s southwest monsoon season up to mid-September has been 4% higher than Long Period Average (LPA). The production of most of the crops for the agricultural year 2019-20 has been estimated higher than their normal production. However, these estimates would undergo revision based on further feedback from the states.
- As per First Advance Estimates for 2019-20 (Kharif Only), total food grain production in the country is estimated at 140.57million tonnes. The production during 2019-20is higher by 8.44million tonnes than the average food grain production of the previous five years’ (2013-14 to 2017-18).
- The total production of Kharif rice during 2019-20 is estimated at 100.35million tonnes. It is higher by 6.80million tonnes than the five years’ average production of 93.55million tonnes.
- Production of Kharif Nutri / coarse cereals is estimated at 32.00million tonnes. It is higher by 1.01million tonnes than the production of 30.99 million tonnes achieved during 2018-19.
- Total Kharif pulses production during 2019-20 is estimated at 8.23 million tonnes. It is higher by 1.00 million tonnes than the five years’ average production of 7.23 million tonnes.
- Total Kharif oils seeds production in the country during 2019-20 is estimated at 22.39 million tonnes which is higher by 1.11 million tonnes than the production of 21.28 million tonnes during 2018-19. The production of oilseeds during 2019-20 is also higher by 2.17 million tonnes than the average oilseeds production.
- The total production of sugarcane in the country during 2019-20 is estimated at 377.77 million tonnes. The production of sugarcane during 2019-20is higher by 27.99 million tonnes than the average sugarcane production of 349.78 million tonnes.
- Production of cotton estimated at 32.27 million bales (of 170 kg each) is higher by 3.56 million bales than the production of 28.71 million bales during 2018-19. Production of jute &Mesta estimated at 9.96 million bales (of 180 kg each) is higher than the production during 2018-19.
This story has been published from Press Information Bureau, Government of India, Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare feed without modifications to the text.