Bottle Filling And Liquid Filling Services | Types Of Pharma Packing?
The packaging is outlined as a means of providing presentation, protection, convenience, and compliance for a product throughout storage until consumed. Packaging should offer protection against biological, physical and chemical hazards and should be economical. The package should guarantee adequate stability throughout the time period. The package should offer adequate data associated with the contents together with legal necessities, route of administration, storage conditions, batch number, expiry date, manufactures name and address and product license number.
- Primary package system: Made up of those package components & subcomponents that come into direct contact with the product, or those that may have a direct effect on the product shelf life.
- Secondary or tertiary package system: Includes cartons, corrugated shippers & pallets.
- Tablets in a blister pack in the folding carton
- Bulk drugs in fiber drums
- Birth control pills in blister packs
- A foil inner seal on a bottle
- Protect from environmental conditions.
- Does not impart tastes or odors to the product
- FDA approved
- Meet tamper-resistance requirements, wherever applicable.
Criteria for the choice of package kind and package material:
- Compatibility with the contents
- Resistance to corrosion by Acids or Alkalis
- Resistance to microorganisms
- Resistance to insects and rodents
- Odor retention and transmission
- Aesthetic effect
Pharmaceutical packaging material plays a vital role in the stability of the pharmaceutical dosage form. Packaging should maintain the integrity of the dosage form, should be inert in nature, should not be fragile, and should have good mechanical strength. Glass is the most widely used packaging material. Different packaging materials used in the packaging of the pharmaceutical dosage forms are aluminum foil, glass, plastic, etc. Biodegradable packaging material on decomposition acts as a soil fertilizer. The most widely used biodegradable material used for packaging is hydrocolloids and lipids. Pharmaceutical packaging is highly regulated. Several common factors can include assurance of patient safety, assurance of the efficacy of the drug through the intended shelf life and uniformity of the drug through different production lots, thorough documentation of all materials and processes. A good packaging maintains the therapeutic effectiveness of the medicines until the time they’re consumed. Good packaging is Associated with storage, transportation and article preparation. Gas permeability is another critical factor. A container must be chosen after considering the effects of storage and transportation. Any contamination of the drugs is an invitation of toxicity. Water absorption and wet resistance shield the contents from being spoiled. The testing equipment is intended to provide secure and safe transportation of sensitive goods like medicines, and food items to prevent the risk of contamination as well as toxicity.
Simplify your journey with us
Have a deep look at our pharmaceutical packaging services.
JAM JAM GROUP – For a healthier world
“We are your one-stop-shop for all your processing and packaging needs at competitive costs”