October 7, 2019in
Advanced estimate area and production of major fruits and vegetable crops 2019
Department of Agriculture, Cooperation and Farmers Welfare has released the Third Advanced Estimate (2018-19) of Area and Production of various Horticulture Crops. This is based on the information received from different State/UTs and other source agencies.
- The Total Horticulture Production of the country is estimated to be 313.85 Million Tonnes which is 0.69% higher than the Horticulture Production in 2017-18.
- As area under Horticulture Crops has remained broadly at the same level, the higher production owes mainly to Productivity gains.
2018-19 (Third Advanced Estimate)
Area (Million Ha)
|Production (Million Tonnes)||311.71|
- Overall increase is observed in production of Fruits, Vegetables, Spices, Flowers and Honey whereas decrease is observed in production of Plantation and Aromatics & Medicinal crops as compared to last year.
- Fruits Production is estimated to be around 98.57 Million Tonnes, compared to 97.36 Million Tonnes last year.
- Vegetables Production is estimated to be around 185.88 Million Tonnes, which is 0.81% higher than the production last year.
- Onion Production is estimated to be around 23.48 Million Tonnes, which is 0.95% higher than the production last year.
- Potato Production is estimated to be around 53.03 Million Tonnes, which is 3.4% higher than the production last year.
- Tomato Production is estimated to be around 19.39 Million Tonnes, which is 1.8%, lower than the production last year.
- Spices Production is estimated to be around 9.22 Million Tonnes, which is higher than the production last year.
This news has been published in Press Information Bureau, Government of India, Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare without modifications to the text. Only the headline has been changed.
Tags: advanced estimatearomaticsdepartment of agriculturefarmers welfare associationflowersfruitsfruits productionhoneyhorticulture cropshorticulture productionLatest agri newsmajor fruitsmedicinal cropsonion productionplantationpotato productionproductionproductivity gainsspicesspices productionthird advanced estimatetomato productionvegetablevegetablesvegetables production